| ATHLETIC REGISTRATION
Students wishing to participate in the Athletic Program at TRHS must initiate the process as outlined below.
Athletic participation is a privilege, not a right. It is the student who must take responsibility for gathering needed information, completing, and submitting all required documentation on time to the Athletic Office. If the information is not available in the Athletic Office, you will be referred to the appropriate source.
TRHS ATHLETIC REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
You must receive Athletic Department clearance before the first practice date.
- Must have all parts of the registration documentation completely filled out and properly signed.
- Incomplete packets will not be accepted. Faxing is NOT an option.
- All five items listed below must be submitted to the Athletic Department by the posted registration deadline date. Each day late = one day of missed practice. A student who does not register before tryouts may miss the opportunity to try out.
- Athletic Registration/Emergency Information Form (3 part document) - A new registration form is to be completed for each sport. Team managers must also turn in a completed registration form to ride school transportation.
- DCSD Interscholastic Participant Form (Physician's Permit) -This form is valid for one calendar year from the date of the exam. Once your physical has expired, you will not be eligible to practice or compete. Plan your physical in advance; it is
not the responsibility of the coach or Athletic Office to remind you to renew your physical paperwork. The original signed form is to remain on file in the Athletic Office.
- DCSD Training Rules/Advisement and Permit - This form is in effect throughout the period of the student's enrollment at TRHS, including all summer, holiday, and weekend days.
- TRHS Medical History Form
- $150.00 Participation Fee - Payable by check (to TRHS), credit card (online through DCSD ExpressPay), or cash. The necessary forms can be picked up at the Athletic Office.
The Athletic Department will verify:
Transfer status and eligibility (for students that have transferred)
TRHS Eligibility Status and CHSAA rules compliance; Academic Eligibility is based on the following: Every athlete must be taking and passing a minimum of 2.5 Carnegie Units (5 full credit classes). In addition, students cannot be failing more than .5 credits to maintain eligibility. Grades will be checked beginning at the 6th week of each semester, and on a weekly basis from that point forward. Student athletes are responsible for understanding and meeting this policy. Students and parents are encouraged to contact the coach or the athletic department for clarification or further information on this policy.
Compliance with registration procedures and deadlines.
ALL DEADLINES WILL BE ENFORCED
Deadlines are posted with all registration packets and are available in the Athletic Office.
Please contact Bob Nelson, Athletic Director or Tracie Smith, Athletic Secretary if you have any additional questions.